In my last article I wrote about the importance of staying under 100 Grams of Carbs per day if you want to lose weight.
In this article I’m going to give you a sample meal plan of what this could look like just to give you an idea of how you could tweak your meals to reduce carbs and get under that 100 gram mark.
So here’s an example from my food diary on February 17, 2015 that I recorded in MyFitnessPal. If it’s hard to read I’ve listed out the meals below the chart.
* 2 Minute Scrambled Eggs (see how to make them here)
* 2 Sausage Patties
* Coffee with butter, coconut oil and gelatin
* Coffee with Heavy Cream and Coconut Oil
* 1 Can of Sardines (if you think they’re gross read this article)
* 3 Cups Broccoli with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Sea Salt (yummmm!)
* 1 Banana
* 4 oz Pork Chops (pan fried in butter with herbs & garlic..yum!)
* 1 Cup Mashed Potatoes
* 5 oz. Glass of Red Wine
This might look a bit difficult to some but it’s really not, the key is to make real food the bulk of your diet.
Our family follows a Paleo based diet which is just a cool way of saying a real food diet. It’s about eating more meat, fish, eggs, fruits and vegetables and cutting back on the cereal, pizza, bread, cookies, cakes, pies, donuts.
In the next post I’ll try to make this strategy easier by giving you some more examples of real food meal plans that keep the daily carb intake under 100 grams.